All Know About Sialkot Incident As Mob lynched Sri Lankan Priyantha Kumara Over Blasphemy Allegations

Mob in Sialkot lynched Sri Lankan manager Priyantha Kumara Over Blasphemy Allegations.

An angry mob in Sialkot brutally tortured a Sri Lankan factory manager to death and set his body on fire, accusing him of blasphemy.

The incident took place at a sports goods factory in Wazirabad.

Sri Lanka’s general manager Priyantha Kumara was allegedly beaten to death by an angry mob in a blasphemy case.

According to information available on social media, the deceased belonged to Colombo who was working as general manager in the company.

According to details, the mob killed the manager and burnt his body.

Here’s is Sialkot Incident Video

As per mob, the foreign manager had thrown some paper in the trash which allegedly had Islamic words written on it. Later, other employees of the factory became enraged and started rioting.

The sources said that the angry protesters kept chanting slogans against the foreign manager.

He added that after the incident, angry factory workers surrounded the factory while some workers protested on Wazirabad Road and closed it to traffic.

District Police Officer (DPO) Sialkot Omar Saeed said the situation was now under control and additional police personnel had been called. However, all aspects of the incident will be investigated.

Police claim to have arrested 50 people.

Addressing a press conference in Lahore regarding the Sialkot incident, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister for Religious Affairs Tahir Ashrafi, Punjab government spokesman Hassan Khawar and IG Punjab Rao Sardar said that the case would be registered soon.

Hassan Khawar said that a Sri Lankan factory worker was targeted in Sialkot. The body was brought to the road and buried.

Hassan Khawar said that the incident with the Sri Lankan citizen was very unfortunate. Police are investigating. So far 50 people have been arrested.

He said more suspects were being identified from CCTV footage.

The outcome of the investigation will be known within 48 hours.

He said that the first 15 minutes call to the police came at 11:26 pm. Action will be taken if police negligence is found.

Talking to reporters after the press conference, IG Punjab Rao Sardar said that no case of the incident had been registered so far which will be registered soon.

Leave a Reply